Senft Miller speaks five languages and has relocated seventeen times, factors that inform her process as she interacts with both people and sites. She has performed in the United States and Europe, and has spent over twenty years teaching in universities, theaters, businesses, and community centers. She trained in dance theater with Fe Reichelt, holds a doctorate in Dance Education, a masters in Physical Therapy and is a certified teacher of The Alexander Technique.
In 2017 Miller organized a core group of movement collaborators with wildly diverse backgrounds to research and play with the lines between installation and performance and audience and performer. Together they comprise her Performance Lab, and have collaborated on a variety of projects including SiteTime and OffSiteOnTime. Its current members include Holly Chagnon, and Mireya Guerra, Lydia Kern, Navah Stein.
- Download CV
Join the mailing list to find out about upcoming projects and performances.
- Erika Senft Miller's 'AutoBiography’: A Performance About Car Culture / Seven Days
- Artist Erika Senft Miller Launches New Website With Installation in Maglianero Vault / Seven Days
- Vermont Favorites, Interview with Adam Rabin / WBTV-LP
- Artists to Watch 2018 / Vermont Art Guide
- In Montpelier, 'SiteTime' Installation Honors Cordwood / Seven Days
- SiteTime; Space and Time Converge / Times Argus
- Tuning in to ‘White Noise Now’ / Adobe Create
- Our Favorite Art Exhibitions of 2016 / Seven Days
- Talking Art - Erika Senft Miller / Seven Days
- For Art Hop, A Dancer Explores Liminality At The Edge Of Lake Champlain / VPR