Water Cooler 1820 - 2021 started as an outdoor sculpture and evolved to a pentaptych (I had to look up what a five piece visual art work is called:)
1) Jennings Brook runs through the grounds of the Museum and is worth a trip in itself. The damm was created around 1820.
2) Water Cooler 1820-2021,the sculpture, stands right next to the brook.
3) Walk the beautiful nature trail to the museum and find Water Cooler 1820-1823, the original stone ware water cooler,in the permanent collection in the museum’s Early Vermont Gallery. Jamie Franklin, the curator recorded a wonderful audio tour for this.
4) Water Cooler mug was a collaboration with Burlington Potter Dan Siegel. You can purchase your own water cooler mug in the museum store.
5) Listen the Water Cooler Talk, the audiotheater, while you stand at one of these water coolers or sip your beverage of choice from your water cooler mug at your desk during a zoom meeting with your collegues.
The sculpture exhibit is open through October 2021.